Thursday, February 7, 2013

Slumber by Samantha Young (M)

Slumber by Samantha Young ReviewReading Level: Ages 17 and up
Paperback: 350 Pages
Release Date: May 17, 2011
Publisher: Self Published
Narration: First Person: Rogan
Genre: Fantasy/New Adult
Source: Bought

Order On Amazon: Paperback
                                Kindle
Order On Barnes and Noble:
Nook

The Fade Series
Book One: Slumber
Book Two: Sneak Thievery
Book Three: Untitled


Author's
( Goodreads ! Website ! Twitter ! Facebook )

Goodreads Synopsis:

Slumber - A Romance

Molded by a tragic childhood, nineteen-year-old Rogan finds it extremely difficult to trust people. Now Haydyn, her best friend and the one person she does trust, is dying and only Rogan can save her.

Setting off on a journey to retrieve the plant that will cure Haydyn and subsequently the ills that will befall them all if she dies, Rogan is stuck in close quarters with a protector she distrusts above all others.

Wolfe Stovia.

The son of the man who destroyed Rogan’s family.

At a constant battle of wills with the handsome Captain of the Guard, Rogan just knows this adventure together will be fraught with tension. She never imagined, however, that the quest would be so dangerous… not least of all when she finds herself falling for a man she could have sworn was her no.1 enemy…


My Mini Review:

Although it was a little challenging to remember all of the peculiar city names and the names of the characters right off the bat, I soon fell in love with the magnificent world Samantha built from scratch! Once again, I am shocked by her simple yet intriguing writing style and the thought provoking ideas Slumber caused. The only minor problem I had was with the main character, Rogan. Although I did understand her reasons for keeping the seductive and witty Wolfe at a distance, it got old and repetitive after a while. Still, a great read for any long time fans of Samantha Young, fantasies, and tantalizing romances. Wolfe? Ooh *Fans Self* His hotness factor even rivals that of Daemon Black from the Lux Series by Jennifer Armentrout. Which is saying something, since Daemon pretty much broke that scale!

Heroine- 4/5
Great, strong character with a few flaws who sometimes has childish reactions.
Love Interest- 6/5 Why can't Wolfe exist in real life?! *Pouts*
Romance- 4.5/5 Would've given it a five if Rogan hadn't dragged it out for so long.
Action- 5/5 Kept me hooked!
Comedy- 4/5 Loved the comedic conversations between Rogan and Wolfe.
Overall- 4.5/5





*Contains some mature content and strong language.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you guys and read every single comment posted! :D If you follow me or post a comment on my blog, I always try my best to return the favor. :) This is now an award free blog. I'm truly honored that you thought of me, but unfortunately I don't have enough time to nominate others. Happy reading, and I hope you enjoy my blog!