Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Teaser Tuesday (17)

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading.
 
Teaser Tuesday
 
To participate all you have to do is:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Open to a random page.
  • Share "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure what you share doesn't give to much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!

 
The Demon King By Cindy Williams Chima
 
The Demon King (Seven Realms, #1)
 
"You're not a thief. Not anymore. If he said it often enough it might stick. But he couldn't let it lie. There was something malevolent yet fascinating about the amulet. Power emanated from it like heat from a stove on a cold day."
-The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima, Hardcover Pg. 18
 
"Gray wolves, the symbol of her house. Raisa caught a glimpse of narrow lupine heads and amber eyes, tongues lolling over razor-sharp teeth, and then they disappeared. Wolves were said to appear to the blooded queens at turning points: times of danger and opportunity."
-The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima, Hardcover Pg. 28
 

8 comments:

  1. This series is pretty popular! I've heard a lot of great things about it. I'll have to make some time for it soon :). Great teasers!

    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    New follower here, I'm Rivie.
    I like your banner, I love hardcover books but they're more expensive, mostly I own paperbacks.
    Here's my post if you want to see it teaser tuesdays

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going on my TBR list. Immediately.

    mine: http://storytreasury.wordpress.com/2013/01/08/teaser-tuesday-the-lightening-thief/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely sounds like my kind of book! Thanks for sharing.

    Here's mine: http://duckduckcow.blogspot.com/2013/01/teaser-tuesday-briar-rose.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very intriguing teasers! I really like the second one.

    Here's my Teaser Tuesday at Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teaser, sounds like an interesting book. Thanks for sharing.

    Katie ~ My Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. I *really* need to read her books. Thanks for following--happily following back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one sounds so good, and I love the amulet on the cover!

    Thanks for stopping by my TT!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you guys and read every single comment posted! :D If you follow me or post a comment on my blog, I always try my best to return the favor. :) This is now an award free blog. I'm truly honored that you thought of me, but unfortunately I don't have enough time to nominate others. Happy reading, and I hope you enjoy my blog!