Monday, November 12, 2012

Indivisible by Ryan Hunter

Indivisible by Ryan Hunter ReviewPaperback: 258 Pages
File Size: 588 KB
Release Date: August 28, 2012
Publisher: Self Published
Genre: Dystopian

Order On Amazon: Kindle

Order On Barnes and Noble:
Paperback

Author's
( Goodreads ! Website ! Twitter ! Facebook )

Amazon Summary:

Brynn Aberdie has everything but freedom ... but everything has a way of changing.

When Brynn loses her family, her security, and her handouts, she is left with one last option, and it guarantees one of two things: freedom or death.

Brynn vows to find that freedom, and soon learns a lesson many in One United have already learned – by failing to protect their rights, Citizens have forfeited their lives with little hope to ever recover them.


My Review:

First of all, I wanted to say a huge thank you to Ryan Hunter for giving me the opportunity to review her book. I was really excited to receive my first review request directly from the author herself! :D

17 year old Brynn Aberdie thought that she lived a pretty good life. She had protection offered by the One United, food on her plate, a roof over her head, and two loving parents who cared about her. She thought that the One United looked out for the best interests of their people and that she was safe from any sort of harm that would come her way. Little did she know, that her beliefs were about to be challenged and that her life was about to change, forever.

When her father died, the One United claimed that he was murdered by terrorists. At first, she believed their lies, but she soon realizes that her father was not killed by a random attack, but was rather murdered because he thought for himself and was not fooled by One United's false promises of protection and security. When he died, he left behind journals filled with directions and carefully drawn out maps that led to people called Freemen. Brynn knew that the One United wouldn't hesitate to kill her next and was soon on the run with a boy she barely knew. As Brynn and T embark on a journey that will forever change their lives, they discover what the word "Freedom" truly means and bring into effect the beginnings of a revolution.

I was neither entranced or bored with this book, it was kind of in middle ground for me. The words never pulled me in to feel what the characters were feeling, but I didn't have that distinct need to put it down either. It was just a mehh feeling. Indivisible had a good theme to it, the willingness and importance to fight for freedom when you didn't have any. It was thought provoking and made me realize that I took freedom for granted while others had to fight for it. All the little things that we have, food on our plates or even water to drink, is important to our everyday lives and we truly don't know what we have, until we don't have it anymore.

Brynn was a decent character. Although she struggled along her journey in the wilderness, she tried her best to keep up and pushed her limits, which is all that mattered. Most importantly, she felt realistic to me. I could imagine her as a person standing next to me, unlike some characters in other books who made the stupidest decisions and unrealistic actions. There was this one part in the novel, when she was freaking out because there were spiders crawling all over her (Yuck!) and that just made her feel all the more real to me, which I enjoyed immensely.

T.....for some reason, I didn't trust for the first part of the novel. I kept on thinking that he was going to betray her somehow, from some of the actions he took. I guess I'm a little paranoid from the last novel I read. xD But after I got over my paranoia, I could see that he was a rather decent character as well. He always took care of Brynn's needs before his own, and even when he could outrun her when they were being pursued, he never abandoned her. T also had a funny sense of humor that had me grinning once in a while.

The action was well paced. As I said near the beginning of my review, I never got bored because every single time I was starting to get antsy, something exciting happened so that I got pulled back into the story. I was a little hesitant to pick Indivisible up at first, because from prior experience I always found that self published novels usually had tons of grammatical and spelling errors! However, I was so happy that I didn't let that deter me from reading it, because the grammar and spelling were impeccable! Well at least in my point of view, since grammar has never been my strongest subject. All you need to know is that there were no spelling mistakes (that I know of) and if there were any grammatical errors, it never took away from the enjoyment of the story.

Overall, I enjoyed reading Indivisible and any dystopian lovers out there will love it as well! Although it didn't get my heart pumping, it was still a decent read and I don't regret picking it up. Indivisible was inspiring, and taught me the true meaning of freedom and the lengths people will go to in order to achieve it.

Heroine- 4/5
Romance- 3.5/5
Comedy- 3.5/5
Action- 4/5
Overall- 3.5/5

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Daphne, for taking a chance on inDIVISIBLE and I'm grateful for your review!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you guys and read every single comment posted! :D If you follow me or post a comment on my blog, I always try my best to return the favor. :) This is now an award free blog. I'm truly honored that you thought of me, but unfortunately I don't have enough time to nominate others. Happy reading, and I hope you enjoy my blog!