Saturday, October 27, 2012

False Memory by Dan Krokos

False Memory by Dan Krokos ReviewReading Level: Ages 12 and up
Hardcover: 336 pages
Release Date: August 14, 2012
Publisher: Hyperion Book CH
Genre: Science Fiction/Futuristic

Book One: False Memory
Book Two: Untitled (August 2013)

Order on Amazon: Hardcover
                               Kindle
Order on Barnes and Noble.com:
Hardcover and Nook

Author's
( Goodreads ! Website ! Twitter ! Facebook )

Barnes and Noble Summary:

Miranda wakes up alone on a park bench with no memory. In her panic, she releases a mysterious energy that incites pure terror in everyone around her. Except Peter, a boy who isn’t at all surprised by Miranda’s shocking ability.
Left with no choice but to trust this stranger, Miranda discovers she was trained to be a weapon and is part of an elite force of genetically-altered teens who possess flawless combat skills and powers strong enough to destroy a city. But adjusting to her old life isn’t easy—especially with Noah, the boyfriend she can't remember loving.
Then Miranda uncovers a dark truth that sets her team on the run. Suddenly her past doesn’t seem to matter...when there may not be a future.
Dan Krokos' debut is a tour-de-force of non-stop action that will leave readers begging for the next book in this bold and powerful new series.

My Review:

False Memory, like the last novel I read, had a unique and never before seen storyline. I mean how many novels do you see about a girl who can trigger pure terror into everyone around her? When I picked up this book, I had no idea what to expect. One thing I found interesting was that the author was male, while the protagonist was female. Alot of male authors try and fail to understand the female mind and how it reacts to certain situations. In Dan's case, he succeeded!

The protagonist Miranda, who even though was strong, fierce, and stubborn was also vulnerable at the same time. When Miranda wakes up in a mall all by herself with no memories of her past, she starts to panic. I mean how would you feel if you woke up one day with no memories of what happened and how you got there? In her panic, she accidentally lets go of this physic energy that incites pure terror into everyone around her. Things go nuts. People start running around and trampling each other and even jumping off of balconies. Through it all, only one boy remains calm and undisturbed by the disaster happening around them.

Enter Peter. Peter is a black haired blue eyed stranger that Miranda has never seen before. But even though Miranda doesn't know him, Peter knows her. She learns that she is what they call a Rose and that Peter is just like her. Together, they set out on a journey with the rest of her team to find out the truth of who they are and what they were meant to do.

This novel is absolutely packed with action! Most of the time I was on the edge of my seat flipping page after page to see what happens next! The romance in this book, like many YA novels, was a love triangle. The two love interests were complete opposites of each other. One was calm, cool, and collected, while the other was cocky, witty, and arrogant. The romance kind of reminded me of Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream. She loved him. He loved someone else. She didn't love him back sort of thing.

Near the end of the book, things get a little hectic. Half of the time I had no idea what was going on but after rereading it again slowly, it finally clicked. False Memory is the kind of story that has a very intricate and complicated storyline, so that if you miss something the rest doesn't make sense. I recommend False Memory to all Sci Fi fans and to anyone with a love of fast paced action and heart racing suspense.

Heroine- 5/5
Romance- 4/5
Action- 5/5
Comedy- 3/5
Overall- 4/5


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you guys and read every single comment posted! :D If you follow me or post a comment on my blog, I always try my best to return the favor. :) This is now an award free blog. I'm truly honored that you thought of me, but unfortunately I don't have enough time to nominate others. Happy reading, and I hope you enjoy my blog!