Monday, September 3, 2012

In My Mailbox (2)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren to showcase new books and ebooks that we have aquired over the past week.


Sorry that I'm one day late guys! Stupid internet was acting up but I finally got it working again! I have three fabbullouss books in my mailbox this week, which consist of......*drumrolls*
Embers and Echoes by Karsten Knight
Embers and Echoes by Karsten Knight

Hardcover: 480 pages
Release Date: August 28, 2012
Publisher: Simon and Schuster Books for Young Readers
Genre: YA Mythology

Book One: Wildefire
Book Two: Embers and Echoes

Goodreads Summary:

Fan the flames: A teen goddess fires up her search for love and family in this sequel to Wildefire.Ashline Wilde may have needed school to learn that she is actually a reincarnated goddess, but she’s ready to move beyond books. She leaves her California boarding school behind and makes for Miami, where she meets a new group of deities and desperately seeks her sister Rose, the goddess of war. But she’s also looking for love—because even though her romance with Cole had to be snuffed, Ash is a volcano goddess—and she doesn’t get burned.

This sequel to the edgy and action-packed Wildefire continues a fiery drama on an immortal scale.


Silver by Talia VanceSilver by Talia Vance

Reading Level: Ages 12 and up
Paperback: 384 pages
Release Date: September 8, 2012
Publisher: Flux
Genre: Celtic Mythology

Book One: Silver

Amazon Summary:

“As I step into the room, a silver flash blurs my vision. Before I can take a breath, the world falls away.”

Brianna has always felt invisible. People stare right past her, including the one boy she can’t resist, Blake Williams. But everything changes at a house party when Brianna’s charm bracelet slips off and time stands still. In that one frozen, silver moment, Blake not only sees her, he recognizes something deep inside her that she’s been hiding even from herself.

Discovering she is descended from Danu, the legendary Bandia of Celtic myth, Brianna finds herself questioning the truth of who she is. And when she accidentally binds her soul to Blake, their mutual attraction becomes undeniable.

Defiance by C.J. RedwineDefiance by C.J. Redwine

Reading Level: Ages 13 and up
Hardcover: 416 pages
Release Date: August 28, 2012
Publisher: Balzer+Bray
Genre: Dystopian/Fantasy

Book One: Defiance

Goodreads Summary:

Within the walls of Baalboden, beneath the shadow of the city’s brutal leader, Rachel Adams has a secret. While other girls sew dresses, host dinner parties, and obey their male Protectors, Rachel knows how to survive in the wilderness and deftly wield a sword. When her father, Jared, fails to return from a courier mission and is declared dead, the Commander assigns Rachel a new Protector, her father’s apprentice, Logan—the same boy Rachel declared her love for two years ago, and the same boy who handed her heart right back to her. Left with nothing but fierce belief in her father’s survival, Rachel decides to escape and find him herself. But treason against the Commander carries a heavy price, and what awaits her in the Wasteland could destroy her.

At nineteen, Logan McEntire is many things. Orphan. Outcast. Inventor. As apprentice to the city’s top courier, Logan is focused on learning his trade so he can escape the tyranny of Baalboden. But his plan never included being responsible for his mentor’s impulsive daughter. Logan is determined to protect her, but when his escape plan goes wrong and Rachel pays the price, he realizes he has more at stake than disappointing Jared.

As Rachel and Logan battle their way through the Wasteland, stalked by a monster that can’t be killed and an army of assassins out for blood, they discover romance, heartbreak, and a truth that will incite a war decades in the making.




2 comments:

  1. Defiance!! :O I am dying to read it but my copy is still shipping form I-don't-know-where XD Those books all look awesome! I hope you enjoy <3

    +New Follower / My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Oh man, Defiance must be so freaking amazing! The synopsis didn't impress me at all when I first read it, but everyone is going crazy about this book!! I need to get my hands on it - I hope you have a ton of fun reading it!
    Sorry for not replying your FF until now, by the way. I didn't have time so I thought I'd comment on this post :) Oh, and I started following via RSS!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you guys and read every single comment posted! :D If you follow me or post a comment on my blog, I always try my best to return the favor. :) This is now an award free blog. I'm truly honored that you thought of me, but unfortunately I don't have enough time to nominate others. Happy reading, and I hope you enjoy my blog!